Monday, 4 February 2013

Samsung Galaxy Note explodes in pocket, injures owner


Dubai: In a second incident of its kind, a Galaxy smartphone has exploded and injured its owner. Bupyeong Fire Station in Incheon, a metropolitan city of Korea said a 55-year-old man reported the previous day that his smartphone battery blew up in the pocket of his pants.

According to an international paper, the man said he was carrying a Samsung Galaxy Note along with a spare battery in his pocket before they suddenly blew up. He is being treated for second-degree burns to his right thigh.
The latest accident has not been reported to Samsung yet, a company spokesman said. “Lithium ion batteries can catch fire due to external pressure or sudden changes in temperature, so we’re trying to understand what really happened,” the spokesman added.
In March last year, a schoolboy in Gwangju suffered an injury when his Galaxy S2 smartphone exploded in his trouser pocket.
At that time the phone was said to had exploded whilst charging in a car, a damaged Samsung Galaxy S3 handset has been deemed to have been faked using a microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment